Blithfield Triathlon & Aquabike
Blithfield Reservoir is situated in some of Staffordshire’s most beautiful countryside. The 790 acre reservoir was opened in 1952 and much of the surrounding woodland is a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The race is based at the Sailing Club and provides an opportunity to either compete at the Sprint distance or the Olympic distance. Free camping is provided ensuring a great family weekend with a fast rolling bike, which promises to be a PB course.
Sunday 21st August 2022
The event HQ will be based at Blithfield Sailing Club in rural Staffordshire off Seedcroft Lane, which is located on the B5014 near Abbots Bromley with good access from the A50 & A38. The Sailing Club is signposted at the Seedcroft Lane entrance. The Sailing club address is:-
Staffordshire. WS15 3DU
See location map.
The swim will be a one or 2 lap swim in the reservoir of 750M the lake. The water termperature is expected to be 18-19 degrees C and wetsuits for the event will be mandatory. Swimming hats will be provided and water safety will be in attendance.
The bike is a fast rolling 20K loop (2 laps for the standard distance)
The run is an out and back run with a mixture of off road and tarmac surface over the dam wall and back, with a feedstation and plenty of time to keep an eye on the opposition.
The relay triathlon
Each member of the team completes one discipline using the timing chip as the baton. Teams can be made up of either 2 or 3 members and relays can be raced in either the Olympic or Sprint distance event.
Toilets & showers will be provided on site.
- Individual entry (TE affiliated) = £70 (Standard) & £60 Sprint
- Individual entry (unaffiliated) = £76 (Standard) & £66 Sprint
- Relay Team (3 members) = £80 (plus £5 for each unaffiliated athlete) for the Olympic/£70 (plus £5 for each unaffiliated athlete) for the Sprint)
- Aquabike entry (TE affiliated) = £51 (Sprint)
- Aquabike entry (unaffiliated) = £56 (Sprint)
Between 8am – 9:00am
There will be various mass starts based on your age-groups starting between 8am and 8.30am.
Professional photographers will be in attendance to capture your special achievements throughout the event.
- Senior Men – Top 3
- Senior Female – Top 3
- Vet Men (40-49) – Top 3
- Vet Female (40-49) – Winner
- Supervet Men (50-59+) – Winner
- Supervet Women (50-59) – Winner
- Ultravet Men (60+) – Winner
- Ultravet Female (60+) – Winner
- Junior Male Winner (Sprint only)
- Relay Team.
All competitors will receive a finishers t-shirt once they cross the line.
Race information will be available on the website 1 week before the event. Any queries relating to the event please contact us
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org